Friday, January 13, 2012

Alternative Investments Knowledge Hoarding...Who's to be Blamed?

By Ivonne Kinser

While mainstream America's citizens wonder "why we have been intentionally left out of the alternative investments' extravagant party?", and "who is to blame for such discrimination of wealth?", The hedge fund industry's lobbying group is calling on the Securities and Exchange Commission to do away with the longstanding solicitation and advertising ban on hedge funds.

I wonder how many more "average people" like myself, shared my own reaction: "Oh! It was the Exchange Commission then!

Now that I know in which side of the field is the alternative investments regulations' ball, I have even more questions that I had before... and would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to those who hold the answers, to enlighten not only me, but the many millions of people like me who may be also wondering:
1- "Why?" - If even the Catholic Church is enjoying the benefits of alternative investments, why is that such privilege is being kept purposely out of the reach of the rest of us, read "us" as: the average citizens of a country that takes pride in its status of "free" economy"?
2- Who is stopping alternative investments' firms from sharing the knowledge?
3- Why a nation dealing with a struggling economy turns its back to the enormous potential of the billionaire alternative investments' industry that could, without a doubt, contribute to the activation of the nation's economy.

I want to launch an open call for the industry leaders who have the answers to these questions, (and many more that pertain to this topic), to join me in a conversation in "Ask Inversiones", and discuss what keeps mainstream America wondering: Why in the world we've being left out?

I invite you to comment and thank you in advance for your contribution.

Source Original Post: Evestment

No comments:

Post a Comment